Monday, July 20, 2009

My babies are wanting their own rooms!


My girls are growing up so fast! Just yesterday, they told me that they wanted their own rooms and my stomach immediately began to hurt! Right now they share a room and then have a playroom. They never wanted their own room until now, and I wasn't ready for them to come at me with that statement at the ages of 6 and almost 4. It makes me a little nervous just thinking about it, and I'm not sure why. I want them to grow up close, and it makes me sad to think of them wanting to be in separate rooms. I had imagined that later down the road they would be older and want their own space, and then we could buy them both new furniture and would repaint their rooms to give them a more grown up room. Now I don't know what to think!

Does anyone have any advise on the subject?



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

Oh wow already!? Maybe because of their new desk stations, they like the idea of being able to decorate their "own" rooms. If you'd like to have them stay sharing a room...maybe you guys can redecorate with new paint, etc.

Chad and Crystal said...

They like the paint that is already there alot...but they decided to stay put for awhile. Carigan changed her mind and needs her sissy...I told Cami to give it another year. She is precious and is willing to wait...Thank goodness! I didn't think Cari would last a night without her big sis!