Friday, March 5, 2010

Red Rooster Antique Co.

One of my favorite things to do is to go antique shopping...or even just antique looking!

A couple of weeks ago we were in New Braunfels painting pottery and afterwards went across the street to one of my new favorite stores, The Red Rooster Antique Co. http://www.redroosterworld.com/.

(Indian Lego Man with the girls. Carigan with her puppy and Camille with her purse - typical)

As we were walking around, my strained neck was forced to turn all over the place as Camille, Carigan, and Chad wanted me to see everything that they did, but the store is literally stacked floor to ceiling with old stuff! I was glad they were enjoying it as I was, but I was on a mission to find the perfect something that needed to go home with me. I was on the hunt and needed to make my escape for a few minutes.

(Water fountain from the Houston Zoo)

To my great surprise, I found a little amber bird nesting high on a shelf with no other birds around. I snatched it up so fast and turn it over to read W Ward 1993. I have a 1999 "Bluebird of happiness" at home, but had never seen a yellow one!

(The store is also a resturant...but not this one)

Needless to say, I felt like I was the luckiest "chick" in that store! It was just the thing to Spring-up my kitchen window seal!


I saw plenty of other things I wanted such as vintage table clothes, old Kodak cameras, and the cutest green glass juicer. Oh well, Camille is competing in New Braunfels tomorrow and just maybe we can make our way over there...and rescue another pretty thing that wants to live at my house!

(I guess I need to clean my windows)

No comments: