Tuesday, May 19, 2009

We found a nest!!!





My husband came home and surprised me with two hanging ferns for our porch at the beginning of spring. Since then I was surprised again one day while I was watering one of the ferns at night when a bird flew out of it as I poured the water in it. It scared me so bad I tripped over one of my rocking chairs while trying to duck away. After that night, I would see the bird leave and come back to the fern. Well, today I was fertilizing all of my plants and it came time to do the ferns...I took one of the ferns down so I could water it and then I discovered this nest of baby birds!!! I felt like I was a person from the Discovery channel...you can see one little egg still in the nest...it is light blue with little dots. These ferns came as a surprise to me and have continued to surprise me time and time again. I told my husband that this was the best gift he could ever give me!!! I can't water my fern anymore, but I have a little bird family that lives on my porch - so much fun!!! The girls got to see the newborn birdies! I don't want the fern to die, but I don't know what else to do.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

How cool! When we lived in Oregon, each Spring this dove would come make a nest on our front porch and have her babies there. It was so fun to watch. I bet the girls loved seeing the baby birds!

Jackson's Blog said...

Love the pictures on your blog...especially the strawberry farm. We have been gone a lot so haven't checked in lately.

Thank you all so much for Jackson birthday gifts! He loves the Handy Manny doll, and all the puzzles, books, etc. It was very sweet of you all! He also loved his cards! Tell Cami and Cari!

Hope to see you soon!