It makes me think of the scripture…Luke 12:24 “Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds?” Now these birds in my backyard are much cuter than ravens…but God cares for even the dirty birds. I was thinking how God put a love in my heart for these small birds so that they would be blessed. Little tiny birds…how much more does God love us? I can see how God puts people in our lives that love us and then in return end up being great blessings in our lives, all because of God’s love for us to be blessed. And we then end up doing the same for others…and it continues over and over. Love is such a powerful thing! It has been so intriguing for us as a family to sit at the table together and watch the little birds. The girls get so amazed and to my surprise and his…so does Chad. It is something that we get to experience together. It is a blessing in our lives and in the bird’s lives as well. Be encouraged to find the little blessings in life and in return be one yourself.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Everyday little blessings...
I have two birdfeeders that hang off of our back porch. They are positioned so that I can watch the birds while I am at the sink or when we sit at the kitchen table. I remember the first time I saw a bird eating from one of them…I was so excited. Our neighborhood is still new and developing so we don’t have big trees that I love…which also means a shortage of birds to see. I wanted to try and attract them to come so I decided to buy food and put out my feeders in time for winter. Now we have a crowded backyard full of birds!!! I keep my blinds cracked all day so I can check to see if the birdies are there. They are so sweet looking…I just love the little red and brown birds that eat from the feeders and the smaller birds that have black circles around their eyes that eat underneath the feeders in the grass.

It makes me think of the scripture…Luke 12:24 “Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds?” Now these birds in my backyard are much cuter than ravens…but God cares for even the dirty birds. I was thinking how God put a love in my heart for these small birds so that they would be blessed. Little tiny birds…how much more does God love us? I can see how God puts people in our lives that love us and then in return end up being great blessings in our lives, all because of God’s love for us to be blessed. And we then end up doing the same for others…and it continues over and over. Love is such a powerful thing! It has been so intriguing for us as a family to sit at the table together and watch the little birds. The girls get so amazed and to my surprise and his…so does Chad. It is something that we get to experience together. It is a blessing in our lives and in the bird’s lives as well. Be encouraged to find the little blessings in life and in return be one yourself.
It makes me think of the scripture…Luke 12:24 “Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds?” Now these birds in my backyard are much cuter than ravens…but God cares for even the dirty birds. I was thinking how God put a love in my heart for these small birds so that they would be blessed. Little tiny birds…how much more does God love us? I can see how God puts people in our lives that love us and then in return end up being great blessings in our lives, all because of God’s love for us to be blessed. And we then end up doing the same for others…and it continues over and over. Love is such a powerful thing! It has been so intriguing for us as a family to sit at the table together and watch the little birds. The girls get so amazed and to my surprise and his…so does Chad. It is something that we get to experience together. It is a blessing in our lives and in the bird’s lives as well. Be encouraged to find the little blessings in life and in return be one yourself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment